Easy Solutions to Mildew and Mold Problems

Just about any home experience mild dew and mold problems. Mild dew is not a good sight for your home in addition to the possible health hazards it may bring. But there’s an easy home fix  solution for this. This post will help you get rid of mild dew and prevent it from coming back.

Mildew is a fungus that usually appears in dark and damp rooms of the house. You can see it on your ceiling, on your wall, and even your tiled floor. They appear as black spots and emits an odor that is damp and unpleasant.

Mildew can get out of control when warm weather brings about higher levels of humidity in the home.

Things You Should Know About Mildew and Molds

Unlike virtual homes in games like clash of clans, where when you get coc gem, you are able to hack your way through the game, real homes are unlike them. There are no short cuts in cleaning mildew and molds.

Bleach is the most common chemical used to clean up mold problems, there are better ways to get rid of it by going naturally. You can find the solution right in your kitchen.

  • Vinegar. Studies show that vinegar is very effective to rid mold issues and it can kill 99 percent of the bacteria that comes with it. You can mix essential oils such grapefruit extract to neutralise the odor from Vinegar. Spray vinegar solution to affected area and let it soak. Use a sponge to wipe of mild dew after a few minutes.
  • Baking soda. Baking soda can be used to scrub away mildew.  Mix baking soda and water to make a paste. Use the paste like soap. Apply it on the spot where mildew has formed and brush away.
  • Hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen Peroxide is also an effective chemical that can kill mildew naturally. Just apply it directly to the area and let it soak for some time and just wipe it away with sponge.

Mold and mildew preventatives

To prevent an area of your home from having mildew and mold problems, you will have to make sure there is enough air and sunlight coming into it. For rooms like basement, where the sunlight can hardly reach the area, make sure that you allow air to circulate in the room. Some homes opt to use dehumidifier. This small device is great to circulate air keep the room dry.