Congratulations to your new found home. Whether you have rented or purchased your new home, it is all together a great responsibility to maintain it.
Repairs and maintenance are not the only tasks that home owner looks at. Home improvement is also one factor that every home owner will eventually want to do.
Every home owner knows that maintenance is important and repairs should be anticipated.
It is bad enough to have damages that require repairs in the home, and hiring a repair man to do the work costs money which may cause your budget to dwindle. Major damages need a handy man but minor repairs are done by you.
A plumber will definitely not look at your leaking faucet for a job priced at $50. So it is best to learn and do it yourself or spend more than $50 to have a simple job done.
Just as the mechanic has their own tools that include the best torque wrench, automotive testing light, gauges, and other essential tools, home owners too must have a reliable tool kit to get around fixing things at home.
For minor repairs at home, you will need to have a basic tool kit handy. Your tool kit will be your best friend in all repairs and maintenance that you are about to do.
Tools you will need in your Home Maintenance tool kit
- Measuring tool. A tape measure is important. Get something that is at 12 feet to 16 feet. This is just about enough to meet your measuring needs for minor repairs. Choose something that has a metal case for durability and protection.
- Marking tool. A pencil to mark measurement is important. But you will also need a carpenter’s level. Once you get your hands on the job, you will see how important it is to have one or two of these simple tools.
- Fastening tools. A hammer and nail, screw driver and screws – these are fastening tools that you will need and highly important to be present in your tool box.
- Gripping tools. Quality pliers, long nose, pipe wrench, wrench set, and a quick grip clamp are tools that you will need to help you grip, loosen, or tighten knots and bolts. You will find these tools very handy in most occasions.
- Cutting tools. A saw, hand saw, and a utility knife are cutting tools that you are going to need to even out shapes, cut out wood, pipe or simple cardboards. You will never know when you will need them the most.
- Power Tools. Power drills and jig saw are a few power tools that you will find very handy. It makes the job a lot easier and quicker.
Watch this video to have an idea of the basic tools that you should have
Investing in maintenance tools for your home is good investment. It saves money as you don’t need to hire a handy man to do a simple job.